Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Parental Guidance Suggested

Rev has been out of town for a couple of days, leaving me plenty of opportunity to appreciate these deep thoughts on parents from the monsters little kids.

From Scooby, on the way home from day camp:

Scooby: Hey, mom, what’s for dinner?
Me: Sausages. Brown beans [a/k/a baked beans] for you and scrambled eggs for Doodle, because he doesn’t like brown beans.
Scooby: Yay! I LOVE brown beans! Mom, you’re sooooo much nicer to us since camp started!
Me: As opposed to the mean witch I was during school?!
Scooby: (realizing what she said) Um, noooooo . . . .

Yeah, too late, kid. That cat is out of the bag.

From Doodle and Scooby, at dinner.

Doodle: I can’t wait til Dad gets home on Wednesday.
Scooby: I hope he brings us something.
Doodle: Kind of like Santa.
Scooby: Only he’s not white and he’s not fat and he doesn’t have a curly beard.
Doodle(looking at Scooby as if she’s mental): You know that Santa is just Satan with the letters rearranged, right?
Scooby (freaked out): Ummmmmm . . . .
Me: No more talking. Eat your dinner.

I hope whatever treats Rev brings home are enough to prove he isn’t the devil. I should probably text him and give him the heads up. Right?

Sigh. One more day to go. Maybe we can all play The Quiet Game until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment